Very few electric vehicles are certified for towing very heavy caravans or trailers. The Tesla Model X is an exception as this SUV can tow an impressive 2,270kg, and Tesla has built it with a ‘trailer mode’, which shuts off some of the car’s drive-assistance features that wouldn’t work as well with a trailer.
Is there an electric vehicle that can tow?
The E-Tron Sportback is one, and with the ability to tow up to 4,000 pounds, it can take the whole family, all of their gear, and pull a small trailer at the same time.
How much can electric vehicles tow?
Of the 11 vehicles featured in our EV of the Year test, the Audi e-tron is rated to tow the most, 4000 pounds, which made it the perfect test bed to pull 3859 pounds of ski boat and trailer.
Can you put a tow bar on an electric car?
We have several towbars available for hybrid and electric cars, but our towbar selection that allows for towing a trailer, caravan, boat trailer or horsebox is limited. In almost all cases, the vehicle manufacturer has already determined that your hybrid or electric car is not allowed to tow any objects.
Can you put a towbar on a Nissan Leaf?
Brink Towbars for a Nissan LEAF are vehicle-specific. That means that these towbars have been specially developed and tested for quality for your Nissan LEAF. With this, Brink ensures that safety functions on your Nissan LEAF are optimally supported, for example.
Do any Teslas tow?
Unlike any other electric vehicles on the market, the 2016 Tesla Model X is able to tow a trailer. The maximum Model X tow rating is 5,000 pounds, but any Model X fitted with the optional 22-inch wheels, such as ours, is limited to 3,500 pounds.
What electric car has the best towing capacity?
1. Tesla Model X. Resounding victory in the EV trailer towing stakes goes to the Tesla Model X, which can cope with pulling up 2268kg, rivalling many large, diesel-engined SUVs (although it’s still some way short of the Land Rover Discovery’s 3500kg limit).
What SUVs can tow 5000 pounds?
10 SUVs That Can Tow 5000 Lbs.
- Chevrolet Tahoe — 8,600-lb Tow Capacity.
- Ford Expedition — 9,300-lb Tow Capacity.
- GMC Yukon — 8,500-lb Tow Capacity.
- Dodge Durango — 8,700-lb Tow Capacity.
- Jeep Grand Cherokee — 7,200-lb Tow Capacity.
- Toyota Sequoia — 7,400-lb Tow Capacity.
- Nissan Pathfinder — 6,000-lb Tow Capacity.
What does it cost to charge an electric car?
Electricity Costs for Charging
If electricity costs $0.13 per kilowatt-hour, charging an EV with a 200-mile range (assuming a fully depleted 66 kWh battery) will cost about $9 to reach a full charge. To compare the fueling costs of individual models of conventional and plug-in vehicles, see the Vehicle Cost Calculator.