How can I make my car last 500000 miles?
How to Make a Car Last 500000 miles
- Study your car owner’s manual and adhere to your maintenance schedule. …
- Keep your car’s interior and exterior clean. …
- Study your engine, regularly check your fluids, and squeeze your rubber. …
- Use high-quality gasoline and never drive on empty. …
- Drive your car carefully.
Can a car last 500000 miles?
Today a million miles, or even 500,000 miles, is still extremely unusual for a vehicle. … Consumer Reports, through its annual questionnaire, has found that thousands of people have gone over 200,000 miles in their original vehicles without catastrophic failures or major repairs.
What mileage is bad for a car?
Typically, putting 12,000 to 15,000 miles on your car per year is viewed as “average.” A car that is driven more than that is considered high-mileage. With proper maintenance, cars can have a life expectancy of about 200,000 miles.
What car has the longest-lasting engine?
The longest-lasting cars and percentage of vehicles exceeding 200,000 miles are:
- Toyota Avalon, 2.5 percent.
- Honda Accord, 1.9 percent.
- Toyota Prius, 1.7 percent.
- Chevrolet Impala, 1.7 percent.
- Ford Taurus, 1.6 percent.
- Toyota Camry, 1.4 percent.
- Toyota Camry Hybrid, 1.2 percent.
- Honda Civic, 1.2 percent.
Can cars last 300 000 miles?
Standard cars in this day and age are expected to keep running up to 200,000 miles, while cars with electric engines are expected to last for up to 300,000 miles. Keeping a car that long has a lot of benefits, including the fact that it could save you a great deal of money.
What is the average lifespan of a car?
A typical passenger car should last 200,000 miles or more, says Rich White, executive director of the nonprofit Car Care Council (which offers a free car care guide). Another way of looking at it: “The average lifespan [of a car] is now almost 12 years,” says Eric Lyman, chief analyst at TrueCar.
What used cars NOT to buy?
30 Used Cars Consumer Reports Gave the ‘Never Buy’ Label
- Chrysler Town & Country. Chrysler’s new minivan will hopefully rate better than Town & Country. …
- BMW X5. 2012 BMW X5 | BMW. …
- Ford Fiesta. Compact cars by Ford had a bad run between 2011 and 2014 | Ford. …
- Ram 1500. …
- Volkswagen Jetta. …
- Cadillac Escalade. …
- Audi Q7. …
- Fiat 500.
At what mileage should I sell my car?
Selling before the 60-to-70,000-mile mark is a good idea, since that’s often when warranties expire and when expensive fixes start becoming necessary. Sell a car before this mileage marker and you can ask for a higher price.