What safety considerations should be considered when working with motors?
- You should always keep your work area clean and well lit.
- All motors include many small parts; keep very young children away from your work area.
- Motors spin very fast; always wear safety goggles.
- Super Glue, provided with most of the kits, is “instant bonding”.
What safety precaution should be taken when starting an electric motor?
9. What safety precautions should be taken when starting a large electric motor whose coupling is disconnected? Place all tools away from coupling or pulley, and stand well to the side of the motor.
Which step should you take to ensure the safe use of electrical equipment in your work environment?
10 Electrical Safety Tips for the Workplace
- Prevent All Potential Contact With Live Electrical Current. …
- De-energize Equipment and Use Lockout/Tagout. …
- Ensure Safe Use of Electrical Equipment. …
- Install Proper Physical Barriers Around Electrical Hazards. …
- Beware of Conductive Tools and Cleaning Materials.
Which guidelines do you need to follow to remain electrically safe?
5 electrical safety tips you should know for your home
- Replace or repair damaged power cords. Exposed wiring is a danger that cannot go overlooked, the NFPA wrote. …
- Don’t overload your outlets. …
- Avoid extension cords as much as possible. …
- Keep electrical equipment or outlets away from water. …
- Protect small children from hazards.
What precautions should be taken when working with a DC motor?
(DC shunt motor maintains almost constant speed from no load to full load). DC series motor should always require to be loaded before starting the motor. Therefore series motors are not suited for the applications where load on the motor is completely removed and where motors are driving the belts.
What precautions should be taken when operating a universal motor?
Do not pull or pinch lead wires while the power is on. This may can cause an electric shock. Also, do not touch connectors or other live parts while the power is on. Failure to observe this may result in electric shocks.
Why do electric motors fail?
Common causes of winding failure include high temperature, too many starts, contamination, too much current, excessive voltage and physical damage. … Shaft failure is the least common cause of motor failure. Physical damage, corrosion, improper installation and excessive loads are often the root cause.
What should you do before using any tool?
Remove any wrenches and adjusting tools before turning on a tool. Inspect the cord for fraying or damage before each use. Tag defective tools clearly with an “Out of service” tag and replace immediately with a tool in good running order. During use, keep power cords clear of tools and the path that the tool will take.
What are three types of motor protection devices?
Types of motor protection device
- Overload protection.
- Short circuit protection.
- Over temperature protection.
- Under Voltage protection.
- Phase failure and reversal protection.
What are the five safety rules?
Safety Rules At Home For That Needs To Be Implemented To Make It Safer For Everyone
- Rule 1: Always Keep The Doors Locked.
- Rule 2: Always Keep The Doors Closed.
- Rule 3: Keep Medicine In Safe Cabinets.
- Rule 4: Keep The Floor Dry At All Times.
- Rule 5: Always Have An Emergency Plan.
- Rule 6: Ensure That Alarm Systems Are Working.
What is the most important rule in electrical safety?
18 Cards in this Set
|what is the most Important rule of electrical Safety?||Think!|
|why should a person work with only one hand when possible?||To avoid Getting shocked through the chest|
|what range of electric current generally causes death?||100 to 200 milliamps (.100-.200 amps)|
How you use electricity at home in proper and safe ways?
Never put any object other than the appropriate size plug into an outlet. Install ground fault circuit interrupter outlets in potentially hazardous areas such as near pools, crawl spaces, kitchens, bathrooms and unfinished basements. Keep all outlets properly covered with secure plates that cover all wiring.
What are electrical safety practices?
Control electrical hazards through safe work practices.
- Plan your work and plan for safety.
- Avoid wet working conditions and other dangers.
- Avoid overhead powerlines.
- Use proper wiring and connectors.
- Use and maintain tools properly.
- Wear correct PPE.
What are the 10 safety precautions?
Top Ten Workplace Safety Tips
- Reduce Workplace Stress. …
- Use Tools and Machines Properly. …
- Use Mechanical Aids When Possible. …
- Wear Protective Equipment. …
- Stay Sober. …
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings. …
- Correct Posture Protects Your Back. …
- Be Alert and Awake.